Thursday, October 22, 2009

Conversations with 2 year olds.

Yesterday, Jax and Max got to hang out with one of their favorite cousins, "A." On the way there, I was lucky enough to listen to Beyonce's hit song "Single Ladies" 13 times. It is Jax's favorite song at the moment. She shimmies. She shakes. And she flips her hand back and forth the whole time. When the song is over I pray that she forgets to ask, "Mama. Can we please listen to 'All the Single Lades' again?" (Yes, she says "lades," it's not a typo) And how can you turn her down when she asks so nicely...so I don't.



When she wasn't singing "All the Single Lades" she was singing her cousin's name and was very excited...when we got out of the car it was all hugs and kisses and they went straight to playing. When one of them would share, they would let us know....and when they wouldn't share...well they let us know that too.
After Jax and A enjoyed their chicken nugget happy meals it was "nap time." A two year olds least favorite words to hear. We finally wrestled them onto a bed they could both nap on...and when they stopped crying we snuck out of the room to let them will themselves to sleep.

Ha! Jokes on us.

(Jax is in purple...A is in pink) Here they are "splashing" as if they were swimming...they did this for about 5 minutes. This was followed by 15 minutes of jumping on the bed. At one point the two bonked heads...

A falls to the bed and lays her head on her Dora pillow, "Jax...no more monkeys jumping on the bed!"

So Jax lays down and for 13 seconds they stare into each others eyes...I think this is it...A has other plans, hops up and begins jumping and giggling again. Jax is squealing at her cousin and then they begin to Jump along the wall to see who can reach the highest...take note of the sheets and the covers on the bed.

I cracked the door open to say "Hey crazy birds. What are you doing?" A new she needed to lay her head down...Jax looks like a deer in headlights.

She finally figured it out when A whispered something about monkeys again and she laid down....again, take note of the bed.

I decided to quit peeking and went to watch a movie.

Max and I are enjoying "The Proposal" and during the 90 minute romantic comedy I kept waiting for a moment of silence in the back room...but it never happened.



At some point I hear the loudest squeal/squeak/giggle I have ever witnessed...it was like a couple of 2 year olds just conquered the world...or Toys R US.





















"Ma? Did you hear that?"


I walk in and this is what I see....
"So, what happened to the sheets?"





"Sheets? What sheets?"






Unfortunately, the play date had to come to an end...and as soon as I turned out of the neighborhood Jax was passed out in her car seat.









My two little ducks post bath time...I just want to eat them up.







1 comment:

Lynn said...

Oh Boy! I am sorry I missed that. But, what fun. Who cares about naptime when you are having fun. Those 2 are a mess. Pretty soon, Max will be joining in on all the fun.